Web-enabled automotive parts catalog
Autocat is a comprehensive electronic auto parts catalog providing direct access to the latest updates from various industry suppliers. Utilizing web technology and the industry ACES and PIES standards, Autocat addresses the need to publish updates quickly and eliminates monthly data maintenance. Instead, supplier files are validated, then posted to a cloud-based database where the data is immediately available to all Autocat customers.
What are the benefits to your business?
Autopart is a single solution for our store operations, inventory management, warehouse management, and accounting needs.
Eric Johnson, Vice President - Arnold Motor Supply/The Merrill Co.Read customer story
Eastern talks about their success through the integration of Autopart and Autocat. Established in 1989, Eastern Warehouse Distributors (AutoParts Warehouse) is a locally owned and operated wholesale automotive parts distributor, headquartered in Langhorne, PA.
John Myers – VP of Operational IntegrationsRead customer story
Intuitive and user friendly
Autocat provides a user-friendly interface with an intuitive selection of vehicle information and product types on a single screen. In addition, a simplified product search screen makes vehicle and part type selection straightforward, increasing counterperson efficiency.
- Configurable product categories and sub-categories allow customers to place part types in a logical area — or multiple areas — to ensure visibility and secure potential add-on sale opportunities.
- Autocat offers VIN, interchange, and buyers guide search availability, providing multiple methods to identify the correct parts and increase sales.
Supporting warehouse distributors, jobbers, and automotive parts retailers
No waiting for monthly DVDs to receive new products or information updates — distributors, jobbers, and retailers can now enjoy direct access to the latest updates from your suppliers.
- Increase efficiency with a simplified product search screen that makes vehicle and part type selection straightforward.
- Preference settings give you complete control over product categories and the display of search results, ensuring you can effectively find the right products for each sale.
Partnering with suppliers
The Autocat catalog provides automotive aftermarket suppliers with an effective way to get their new products and catalog updates to the marketplace. In addition, your customers can use the new information in as little as a week!
- Published changes are immediately available to all users so you can ensure all your customers are always up to date.
- No more data conversion! Your data is imported and displayed as you intended, not converted, so information doesn’t get lost in translation.
- Data can be amended and re-sent as needed, even while moving.
KCS’ innovative catalog experience provides powerful tools and features to streamline operations and boost profitability.
- View customer-specific pricing and on-hand stock availability within Autocat.
- Partnered with KCS’s point of sale (Autopart) or B2B ecommerce solution (OpenWebs), Autocat delivers consistent, up-to-date results to make the sale every time.
Eliminate monthly data maintenance
Utilizing web technology and the industry ACES and PIES standards, Autocat addresses the need to publish updates quickly and eliminates monthly data maintenance.
- Supplier files are validated, then published to a cloud-based database where the data is immediately available to all Autocat customers.
Solutions & resources
Looking for more information? These resources may interest you: